Making the most of ecommerce with a cloud inventory system
There has never been a better time to make the most of eCommerce opportunities. Whether your a start-up or your just looking to save hours of admin time, you can do benefit from cloud technology.
What's the best web platform for an e-commerce business?
There is a solution out there for every size or business and budget.
The best place to start is with a little look at the differentiating features of the main e-commerce platforms and identify the pro's and con's in relation to your business.
- Full, front-end user interface and user experience controls
- A robust, back-end content management system
- Off-the-shelf inventory and order processing systems
- A global ecosystem of 150,000 developers
- Unlimited-bandwidth hosting, including daily backups and 24/7 monitoring
- Built-in inventory management, with unlimited products and product types
- Over 100 professional themes and templates that can be customised to fit your brand
- 70 different payment gateways, including bitcoin, PayPal and iDEAL
- 5 pre-installed payment gateways (including PayPal)
- An intelligent shopping cart
- The capacity to handle thousands of products
- Built-in analytics and reporting
What's the best software for managing inventory and all your orders?
This depends on what you need. There are a number of options and like ecommerce, each one suits a different business size or type. Before your jump in, have a think about these main points that we look out for when assessing inventory systems for clients.
The best inventory management apps should have:
- Efficient order management
- Multiple-site ecommerce integrations
- Marketplace integrations
- Logistics and shipping links
- A B2B wholesale order websites
- Automated purchasing options
- Detailed reports and analysis
Now you have had a think about those features and which are most important to you, check out the main benefits of these systems that let you take control of your e-commerce business.
Manufacturing and distribution are the strong focus for this platform. There are a range of tools to help you accurately manage your suppliers – and there is a handy mobile app for iOS too.
If your a multi-channel seller, Orderhive will bring all your inventory, orders and shipping data together in one place, with a simple user friendly interface.
Tradegecko main focus is on its customisable B2B portal so its ideal if you want to offer wholesale prices too. It doesn't include shipping management tools but has all the other elements of ordering and inventory control.
If your a smaller business or in a growth stage, Dear is an all-in-one solution. You can use it for manufacturing, B2B and your point-of-sale (POS) as well as inventory management.
This is the largest system of the bunch, and is great for the bigger businesses who need a fully integrated all-inclusive system that features support for EDI, POS and 3PL.